Benefits of donating Stock
In addition to making a greater philanthropic impact for the poor Coptic families in Egypt and leaving a legacy for you and your family, donating stock to Coptic Cross, as a 501(C)3 organization, will help you in the following ways:
- Eliminate the capital gains tax you would incur if you sold the assets yourself and donated the proceeds, which may increase the amount available for charity by up to 20%.
- You may claim a fair market value charitable deduction for the tax year in which the gift is made and may choose to pass on that savings in the form of more giving.
How to donate stock to Coptic Cross Ministries?
- Decide which shares of stock you want to donate.
- Decide the number of shares you want to donate.
- Obtain Coptic Cross Ministries account information.
- Fill out the appropriate stock donation forms required by your brokerage.
- Follow up with us to make sure we received your stock donation.
- At the end of the year, you will receive a Tax Receipt from us for your tax reporting needs.
Please fill out the following form to help you donate stock